What is it?
Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers and Trim Panels are carved Maple panels that fit on the riser portion of your stairs. The risers are the front part of the stair that you see when looking at your stairs, not the part you walk on, which is called the tread.
- In-stock Panels are 6 ½" X 47", which is larger than most all stair risers. This allows you to trim to the exact size of your existing risers for a perfect fit.
• Traditional Scroll Dramatic
• French Impression Dramatic
• Colonial Single Dramatic
- Custom Panels are 6 ½" X length ordered per pattern
• Order 36" to 47" for smaller or standard size stairs.
• Order 48"-117" for longer risers or trim panel usage.
• Order by pattern, quantity and length.
- Thickness is slightly less than ¼" thick, which also matches the thickness of trim molding that may be used under the tread nose for more finish detail.
- Pattern Width for all sizes is 5¼".
- Pattern Lengths for our custom panels are as follows:
Board length = 36 - 47"
Board length = 48 - 59"
Board length = 60 - 71"
Board length = 72 - 83"
Board length = 84 - 95"
Board length = 96 - 107"
Board length = 108 - 117"
Pattern length = 30"
Pattern length = 42"
Pattern length = 54"
Pattern length = 66"
Pattern length = 78"
Pattern length = 90"
Pattern length = 102"
- Each panel is sold unfinished and after trimming to size (if necessary), is stained to the color of choice or we can do it for you.
- Do it yourself, or we'll do it for you! You can order the panels cut to size and finished for easy installation.
- Inserts are 6 ½" X 36" white matte material placed behind the wood risers to create a highlight color and fully covers our standard pattern size of 5 ¼" X 30".
- Material is paintable.
- Helps to disguise damaged risers without having to repair first.
- 2 Highlight Inserts may be used to cover longer length pattern sizes.
Want to do this project yourself? You can! Follow our easy Measuring Guide
and Installation Guide to get started.
***See beautiful results from our other DIY Customers!
- Each design consists of completely cut through and partially cut through (grooved) elements, to create the various design patterns.
- The cut through elements allow the color choice of the original riser or Highlight Insert (usually white) to show through the decorative riser.
- The grooved or partially cut elements will have a darker color than the face of the riser when stained. This enhances the 3D characteristics of this product.
- When installing, the panels can be nailed through the grooved elements to disguise the finishing nails.
- Hardwood Maple MDF core board is used.
- Hardwood MDF is high quality and used in many other applications such as trim molding, baseboards and cabinetry.
- Harwood MDF is stronger and more durable than solid wood.
- The core board eliminates the potential for bowing, expanding, contracting and splintering.
- This material also allows for the darker color in the grooved elements when stained.
- Eliminate black scuffmarks on the white painted risers.
- Save time by dusting instead of vacuuming.
- Save money and no longer have to clean or replace carpet.
Use our larger size panels for other creative decorative ideas around the home:
- Trim molding
- Window treatments
- Room striping
- Step down rooms
- Crown molding
- Chair rail molding
Choose from over 100 designs
See our photo gallery of other creative applications
Want to do this project yourself? You can! Follow our easy measuring and installation guides to get started.