Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about the One Step Beyond™ product line? Below find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our product.
Can't find the answer your looking for?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I clean, maintain and care for the Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers?
The Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers can be cleaned and maintained by:
- Dusting regularly or as needed
- Using a wood polish or cleaner on the face of each riser
- Use soft brush attachment on "hand held" vacuum to clean the grooved and cut-through elements, as minimally required.
Q: Will the Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers break?
The Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers will not break.
- MDF material is harder and more durable than solid wood
- MDF is used in trim molding, baseboards, countertops, cabinetry, doors and more
- MDF material eliminates the possibility of bowing
- Decorative risers are installed flush against the existing riser for firm support
- People walk up and down stairs on the balls of their feet and not flat-footed, which means that toes and heels are not making contact with the riser, only the stair tread
- MDF material is strengthened once the finish is sealed
- Product has been tested by actual installation and usage
Q: What about safety? Will my stairs be slippery without carpet?
Hardwood stairs are no more slippery than hardwood floors, if cared for properly.
If you want to keep carpet and implement the product - you can. Remove the carpet on the riser portion of the stairs only and securing the carpet on the tread, underneath the tread nose and then applying the Hardwood Decorative Stair Risers to the exposed remaining riser space.
Q: Will my stairs be noisy without carpet?
Hardwood stairs will be slightly noisier than carpeted stairs. When deciding on hardwood stairs, consider the following factors:
- The little extra noise will help you know where your children are, especially your teenagers.